Trout gravlax (or salmon)
1 pound McFarland Spring Trout (try to remove all of the bones)
3 TBS Sugar (I used raw cane sugar, brown sugar would also be good)
3 TBS Coarse Sea Salt (use a little less if using fine salt)
1 tsp Whole Black Peppercorns
1 Bunch Dill
Zest from 1 Lemon
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until dill is broken up.
2. Rub the herb mixture on all sides of the trout.
3. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or store in a sealable bag.
4. Set wrapped fish on a tray and put a plate on top of it and weight it down with a can to compress further.
5. Turn over every 6-8 hours.
6. Let fish cure for 24-36 hours.
7. When fish is ready, discard the remaining dill, rinse fish under cold water and pat dry.
8. Store in fridge uncovered for an hour or two to air dry.
9. Slice and eat!